Home
 
 
  Anchor Inn - 2 West Quay  
 


The Anchor Inn was on the West Quay with the Fountain Inn to the left.

The building was bought and demolished in 1907 to make way for the Odd Fellows Hall which opened in 1911

The earliest mention of a pub was in 1780 .

The first recorded licensee was "Captain" Henry Chapman Bussell in 1852.

The last recorded lanlord was Frederick Turner in 1907


Landlords to date are as follows
 
HENRY CHAPMAN BUSSELL 1852 1860
ROBERT ALLEN 1890 1895
WILLIAM BODLEY DUNSFORD 1895 1902
FREDERICK TURNER 1902 1907