Main
 
 
  Bakers Arms - 20 St John St  
 

This pub was on the corner of Barclay St and St John St and later became Rebels Retreat.

Building sold in 2003 and became offices, although the sign on the wall still there as Rebels Retreat

First recorded licensee was George Turner in 1839

Last recorde licensee was Terry Pavey in 2003

 

 

Landlords to date are as follows
 
GEORGE TURNER 1839 1845
JANE GOODLAND 1886 1906
HENRY  GOODLAND 1906 1924
CLIFFORD PREW 1924 1931
JOHN   LOREY 1931 1938
SIDNEY CHARLES BISHOP 1938 1946
DAISY FLORENCE  BISHOP 1946 1950
ALFRED HANNAFORD 1976 1984
KEVIN RICHARD  RENALLS 1986 1996
JOHN RICHARD  WOOTTEN 1996 1998
PATCH  WOODCOCK 1998 2002
TERENCE  PAVEY 2002 2004