Main
 
 
  Bridgwater Arms - 32 Fore St  
 

Bridgwater Arms in Fore Street was owned by a Wine & Spirit merchant known as Hickman & Son.

First recorded landlord was Albert Walford in 1850

It was in the Lane family for nearly 50 years with Percival Lane

Last recorded landlord was Arscott King in 1966

The pub closed on the 21st May 1966

 

 


Landlords to date are as follows
 
ALBERT WALFORD 1850 1860
JOHN FREDERICK MILFORD 1893 1895
JOHN   MORIARTY 1895 1906
HARRY FRY 1906 1911
MATILDA (WIDOW) FRY 1911 1911
SAMUEL TURNER 1911 1915
JOHN MOORE 1915 1916
CHARLES WILLIAM BAKER 1916 1917
URIAH ASHMAN 1917 1918
WILLIAM JOHN LANE 1918 1928
ROSE ELLEN LANE 1928 1950
PERCIVAL JOHN LANE 1950 1960
ARSCOTT JAMES & DOROTHY KING 1960 1966