Home
 
 
  Bull & Butcher - 26 High St  
 

This Inn was the high was pulled down and rebuilt in 1907 under the landlord of Albert Hawkins

Earliest known landlord was Thomas Bryant in 1742

It was closed in 1980 and is now part of the Angel Place Shopping Centre, the frontage remains the same and the name can still be seen if you look up to the top of the building.

Last known licensees were Peter & Molly surname unknown at present.

 

Landlords to date are as follows
 
THOMAS  BRYANT 1742 1760
JOHN BRYANT 1785 1790
ROBERT WEBBER 1855 1858
JAMES TEMBLETT 1858 1860
WALTER JAMES ROSE 1865 1870
LAURENCE DARE 1870 1875
ALICE SARAH  LARCOMBE 1885 1887
JOHN CLARKE POPHAM 1887 1889
WILLIAM WILKINSON 1889 1895
LOUIS ALEX  ADCOCK 1895 1897
ELI COURT 1897 1900
JOHN  MARTIN 1900 1904
ARCHIBOLD DRAY 1904 1905
ALBERT ARUNDEL  HAWKINS 1905 1909
ALFRED ERNEST  FORD 1909 1913
ALBERT GEORGE  SLOCOMBE 1913 1936
HARRY  BULT 1936 1952
ALBERT EDWARD  SNOOK 1952 1964
JOHN & FLORENCE MASON 1964 1966
KEITH & EILEEN MASON 1966 1971
BRYAN & MARY AKERS 1973 1977
TOM & JACQUELINE WATSON 1977 1979
PETER & MOLLY UNKNOWN 1979 1980