Main
 
 
  Cardiff Arms - 1 West Street  
 

The Cardiff Arms was first named the Bell when Moat Lane was known as Bell Lane. In 1885 it was called White Ball. It was then renamed the Cardiff Arms in 1889 when John Bennett became licensee.

First recorded licensee was Francis Howe in 1885

The last recorded licensee was Reg Dyer in 1968

The pub closed in September 1968, Reginald Dyer died suddenly shortly after at his home in 56 West St


Landlords to date are as follows
 
FRANCIS HOWE 1885 1889
JOHN  BENNETT 1889 1902
ROBERT WASHER 1902 1914
ROSE SOPHIA WASHER 1909 1919
WILLIAM HENRY DREW 1919 1929
VINCENT CECIL MEE 1927 1931
WILFRED  ASH 1931 1936
WILLIAM HARRY LOVELL 1936 1951
MARIA ALEXANDRIA LOVELL 1951 1955
FREDERICK EDMUND VILLIS 1955 1964
REGINALD  DYER 1964 1968