Home
 
 
  Cock Inn - 10 St Matthews Field  
 


The Cock Inn also known as the Old Cock was situated on St Matthews Field roughly were Penrose School is now.

Earliest recorded landlord was Robert Shutt in 1754

Last recorded licensee was John Dennis Driscoll in 1925

The Cock Inn was closed on the 1 December 1925 and then demolished.

The pub was under the Starkey, Knight and Ford ownership

Pictured is the site of the Cock Inn


Landlords to date are as follows
 
ROBERT SHUTT 1754 1760
WILLIAM COOK 1839 1861
THOMAS GANE 1861 1865
W B GOLD 1865 1871
ALFRED ZEALLEY 1871 1873
JOSEPH GILES 1873 1874
EMMA GILES 1874 1879
EDWARD WHITE 1879 1897
ELI - EDWIN COURT - MANTLE 1897 1901
SAMUEL PHILLIPS 1901 1902
JOHN DENNIS DRISCOLL 1902 1925