Main
 
 
  Mariners Arms - 21 Northgate  
 

Mariners Arms was situated on Northgate and closed in 1962 it was demolished to make way for the Police Station which stood until 2015.

Now the site of Blake Court flats

First recorded landlord to date was Mary Dennis in 1837

Last recorded landlord was Dennis James Langford in 1962 who is pictured in the doorway of the pub.

 

 

Landlords to date are as follows
 
MARY ANN DENNIS 1837 1868
JOHN  BIFFEN 1868 1870
WILLIAM ESCOTT 1890 1895
FREDERICK ERNEST COLES 1895 1917
FREDERICK   COAD 1917 1929
EMMA JANE COAD 1929 1935
MARIA BELL-LANGFORD 1935 1954
DENNIS JAMES LANGFORD 1954 1962