Home
 
 
  Masons Arms - 14 Pig Cross (Penel Orlieu)  
 

Originally called the Fighting Cocks but changed the name in the 1840's

Earliest recorded licensee was Joseph Lockyer in 1754

Last recorded licensee was Arthur Rainey in 1936

It was then closed and the licence transferred to the New Market Hotel on Bath road.

 

 

Landlords to date are as follows
 
JOSEPH  LOCKYER 1754 1760
WILLIAM MORGAN 1822 1830
JAMES HODGE 1848 1865
REBECCA HODGE 1865 1867
JONAS SILKE 1870 1875
GEORGE FREDERICK RICHMOND 1875 1880
RICHARD   BRADFORD 1880 1886
JOHN READ 1886 1890
JOHN MARKS 1900 1910
RICHARD JAMES MARKS 1910 1931
HENRY ROWBOTHAM 1931 1935
BLANCHE FLORENCE ROWBOTHAM 1935 1936
ARTHUR RAINEY 1936 1936