Main
 
 
  Nags Head - 63 West Street  
 

The Nags head was one of several pubs in West St over the years

First recorded landlord was John Culliver in 1740

The last recorded landlord was Francis Hawkes in 1962

The pub was demolished in 1962 when West St was demolished at rebuilt

 

 

Landlords to date are as follows
 
JOHN CULLIVER 1740 1746
ROBERT  GANE 1822 1830
JOHN CUTLER 1860 1864
SARAH CUTLER 1864 1870
WILLIAM   JAMES 1867 1869
JAMES HILL 1890 1895
JOHN ROMAN 1895 1905
ROBERT  WASHER JNR 1905 1926
FREDERICK JAMES CHANNING 1926 1931
JOSEPH EDWARD SLOCOMBE 1931 1934
WILLIAM THOMAS BURTON 1934 1947
JANE MARTHA BURTON 1947 1950
REGINALD DYER 1958 1962
FRANCIS HENRY HAWKES 1962 1962