Main
 
 
pub New Market Hotel - Bath Road  
 

Which is on the Bath Road and named after the Cattle Market moved from Penel Orlieu in 1936.

Earliest recorded licensee was Arthur Rainey 1936

Present licensee since 2008 is Trevor Symonds

 

 

 

Landlords to date are as follows
 
ARTHUR RAINEY 1936 1936
WARWICK WILSON BROOMFIELD 1936 1939
RICHARD   WARD 1939 1949
RICHARD DOUGLAS WARD 1949 1951
GILBERT RAYMOND MORGAN 1951 1952
CECIL GEORGE EUSTACE SHEPPARD 1952 1958
HAROLD FREDERICK  MARTIN 1958 1960
ERNEST GEORGE CLARE 1960 1976
DAVID & MARGARET JARVIS 1976 1977
GEOFFREY & MARION PAISEY 1977 1993
GEOFFREY & CATRINA SLOCOMBE 1993 2006
PAUL & JULIE BENNETT 2006 2008
TREVOR SYMONDS 2008 2020
 

Notes

The Masons Arms on Penel Orlieu was closed in February 1936 and the Licence was then transfered across to the New Market Hotel with Arthur Rainey moving over for just a couple of months