Home
 
 
  Old Ship Inn - 2 Ship Lane at Combwich Grade 2 listed building
 

There is reference in 1702 to a licensed premises named the Passage Boat which may refer to this building.

It was known as The Ship or Old Ship in 1730, a name it has retained.

Earliest recorded licensee is Joseph Pain in 1850 who held the licence for 52 years until his death in 1902

Last recorded licensee was Diana Harris in 2004

The Old Ship Inn was closed in 2005 and was sold and is now a private residence.

Landlords to date are as follows
 
JOSEPH PAIN 1850 1902
HENRY JOHN  PAIN 1902 1904
WILLIAM   STONE 1904 1908
GEORGE NORMAN 1908 1908
THOMAS STACEY 1908 1910
THOMAS WILLIAM GRIFFITHS 1910 1920
ERNEST ALBERT CHARLES 1920 1930
ERNEST THOMAS ALLEN 1930 1939
HENRY THOMAS ALLEN 1939 1939
WILLIAM JAMES HILL 1939 1943
TERENCE BARTH  ALLEN-MOORE 1943 1947
VERNON PRAGNELL 1947 1951
WILLIAM & SUSAN HILL 1951 1966
DONOVAN HILL 1966 1969
ROY & GWYNETH BARLOW 1969 1984
EDWARD & SUSAN THACKERAY 1984 1988
GRAHAM & SHIRLEY BABER 1988 1991
WENDY SIMPSON 1991 1994
ALAN & ANNE GALLAGHER 1994 1996
MICHAEL & DOROTHY SHERMAN 1996 1997
DIANA HARRIS 1997 2004

Notes

14 May 1902

Sale of the Ship Inn at Combwich comprising the beer house, garden, orchard and premises which have been in the occupation of the deceased owner Mr Joseph Pain for 52 years. It was sold to Mr T.M Reed for £675.