Home
 
 
  Prince of Wales - 42 Woolavington Hill  
 


The Prince of Wales was on the top of Woolavington Hill it was on the left as you entered the village from the A39.

Earliest recorded licensee was Jane Crossman in 1877

Last recorded licensee was David Gladwell in 2015

Sold to the Cooperative Society in 2014 and now converted into a convenience store, which left the village without a pub.

 

 

Landlords to date are as follows
 
JANE CROSMAN 1877 1881
DENNIS DENMAN 1881 1884
WILLIAM  VINCENT 1884 1886
CHARLES KEFT 1886 1882
FREDERICK BAKER 1882 1886
THOMAS HENRY STUTHRIDGE 1886 1891
FRANCIS W EYLES 1891 1895
WHITTAKER 1895 1901
GEORGE BUTLER 1901 1905
WALLACE & CHARLOTTE PHILLIPS 1905 1945
ALBERT PHILLIPS 1915 1945
ERNEST PHILLIPS 1945 1971
KEITH MASON 1971 1992
CHRISTOPHER ROGERS 1992 1994
DOUGLAS & TRUDI LEWINGTON 1994 1998
MARTIN & KATH BRAZIER 1998 2004
CARL & TRUDI COLES 2004 2008
GAIL ANN GRIGGS 2008 2011
ELLEN SPENCER 2011 2012
BRIAN DARBY 2012 2012
ALAN WOOLFORD 2012 2013
NEIL RHODES 2013 2013
SIMON VOWLES 2013 2014
PETER MICHAEL ROY HARDWIDGE 2014 2014
STEVEN IAN GROVES 2014 2015
DAVID GLADWELL 2015 2015