Punch Bowl - 2 Fore Street  
 

The Punch Bowl also known as the Ship and Castle and was situated next to the Fountain Inn

Earliest recorded licensee was William Mead in 1744

Last recorded licensee was Colin Burrows in 1961

The pub closed in 1961 to become a Building Society

 

 

Landlords to date are as follows
 
WILLIAM MEAD 1744 1750
WILLIAM  WAY 1822 1823
HARRIET DYE 1823 1833
HENRY NORRIS 1845 1850
J BRICE 1850 1852
RAY MERRY 1852 1855
WILLIAM MERSON 1861 1891
EDWARD KENDRISH LLOYD 1891 1895
ISABELLA SYMONS 1895 1910
FREDERICK HONE JACKSON 1910 1911
HENRY BARNES 1911 1913
HENRY ARTHUR SWAIN 1913 1913
EMILY ANNIE MAYLED 1913 1921
HARRY LOOK 1921 1925
HORACE CLIFFORD PREW 1925 1952
HORACE CLIFFORD STEPHEN PREW 1952 1955
HENRY WILLIAM PHILLIPS 1955 1958
SIDNEY GEORGE BURROWS 1958 1960
COLIN SIDENY BURROWS 1960 1961