Home
 
 
  Queens Head Hotel - 74 Eastover  
 

Earliest recorded landlord was John Fletcher in 1744

The Queens Head was at the junction of Eastover and St John St

Last recorded was Edward Randall in 1956

This pub was closed in 1956 and was demolished to make way for the dual carriageway in 1957

 

 

 

Landlords to date are as follows
 
JOHN  FLETCHER 1744 1780
CHARLES COLLINS 1865 1867
WILLIAM DENNIS HERON 1867 1870
HENRY   APLIN 1870 1875
ALBERT  PADFIELD 1895 1901
HENRY JAMES  APLIN 1906 1919
GEORGE HALKETT MORGAN 1919 1922
WILLIAM  HIGGINS 1922 1923
WILLIAM JENNER  MERCER 1923 1925
WILLIAM GEORGE  BROOD 1925 1930
GEORGE HENRY JAMES  BUCKLAND 1930 1940
MABEL MARY  BUCKLAND 1940 1941
ROBERT  WILLIAMS 1941 1945
ALAN MONTAGUE HARDY 1945 1951
FRANCIS THOMAS  KINGMAN 1951 1954
EDWARD  RANDALL 1954 1956