Main
 
 
  Railway Hotel - Station Approach  
 

Built in 1841 but was only partially finished on the day the railway came to town on June 14 and a tent had to be used for the Breakfast banquet of officials

First recorded landlord was Charles Waghorn in 1841

Last recorded landlord was Charles Ashdown Thomas in 1960

Closed down in 1960, it was then left derelict and to fall apart for a number of years, was finally demolished in January 1980

Now the site of Byron Wynn car repairs

 

Landlords to date are as follows
 
CHARLES WAGHORN
1841
1848
SAMUEL HODGE
1848
1852
WILLIAM HODGE
1852
1861
JANE HODGE
1861
1871
WILLIAM HODGE
1871
1890
CHARLES GEORGE LANE
1890
1892
WILLIAM  READ
1892
1911
HENRY WILLIAM KNIGHT READ
1911
1930
THOMAS HARRY  ADDIS
1930
1935
WILLIAM HENRY THOMAS  EARLEY
1935
1938
FRANK EDWIN  HATHWAY
1938
1939
ALICE EVA  HATHWAY
1939
1942
HERBERT LESLIE  BELLINGHAM
1942
1952
EDWARD HENRY  DEWAR
1952
1956
CHARLES ASHDOWN  THOMAS
1956
1960