Ship Afloat - 28 Pricketts Lane now Market Street  
 

The Ship Afloat was situated in Pricketts Lane which later became known as Market Street

Earliest recorded licensee was Joseph Cresswell in 1859

Last recorded licensee was John Russell in 1981

It was also known as the Pondarosa

It was then closed and finally demolished to make way for the Angel Place precinct

 

Landlords to date are as follows
 
JOSEPH CRESSWELL 1859 1861
THOMAS PRICE 1865 1871
THOMAS    NICHOLLS 1867 1868
ANN PRICE 1891 1901
FRANCIS JOHN MILLER 1897 1905
THOMAS GEORGE MILLER 1905 1910
JESSE JEFFREY CHEDGEY 1921 1961
WILLIAM JOHN & HILDA ALDERMAN 1961 1976
HILDA ALDERMAN 1976 1977
JOHN & ELLEN RUSSELL 1977 1980