Home
 
 
PUB Shipwrights Arms - Mansion House Lane  
 

Shipwrights Arms was in Mansion House Lane behind the Mansion House Inn

Earliest recorded licensee was James Edwards in 1865

Last licensee was Charles Rodwell in 1907

It was then turned into a Private House at one time the home of the Fire Chief, Mr John Goodland as the Fire Station was just across the yard.

 

 

Landlords to date are as follows
 
JAMES  EDWARDS 1865 1867
MARY SHEPPARD 1875 1878
EDWARD KENRICK LLOYD 1878 1885
MARY FRYER 1885 1887
CHARLES   HOBBS 1887 1887
J F SHARPE 1887 1888
WALTER SIMES 1888 1890
WILLIAM SYMES 1890 1892
FREDERICK EVETT 1892 1893
ANN CAVILLE 1893 1895
JOSEPH HUNT GRANT 1895 1900
JOHN STRAWBRIDGE 1901 1904
SUSAN  TURNER 1904 1906
CHARLES RAYMAND  RODWELL 1907 1907