Home
 
 
  Somerset Inn - George Street  
 

The Somerset Inn also known as the Somerset Arms and nicknamed the "Hole in the Wall" because drivers of horse drawn carriages would get their drink passed through a hole, now the site of the Telephone Exchange.

First recorded landlord was John Tucker in 1839

Last recorded landlord was Horace Clifford Prew in 1925

Pub closed in 1925

 

 

 

 

 

Landlords to date are as follows
 
JOHN TUCKER 1839 1871
JOHN SMITH 1900 1912
EDWARD WILLIAM CROCKER 1912 1913
ANNA CROCKER 1913 1914
WILLIAM CHARLES HAWKINS 1914 1921
WILLIAM   DAY 1921 1922
WILLIAM JONATHAN BROUGHTON 1922 1922
HORACE CLIFFORD PREW 1922 1925