Main
 
 
pub West India House - 101 Durleigh Road  
 

In the 1861 census it is called the East India House but then the West India House in 1871 census which was possible an error.

In 1931 it was demolished and rebuilt

Earliest recorded licensee was Richard Gough in 1860

Present licensees are Kelvin and Karen Evett who took over the pub on 8 May 2007

 

 

Landlords to date are as follows
 
RICHARD & MARY JANE GOUGH 1860 1865
JOHN NICHOLLS 1865 1871
HENRY BARTHOLOMEW 1871 1874
ANN PARSONS 1874 1894
JOSEPH TURNER 1894 1896
RICHARD BOUCHIER 1920 1937
HENRY DANIEL NEIL 1937 1945
EDITH MAY MAY 1945 1951
ARCHIE SMITH  GREVILLE 1951 1953
WILLIAM GEORGE SPOONER 1953 1960
JOHN & MARGARET RICHARDS 1960 1970
MICHAEL BEER 1971 1975
PETER & YVONNE  DOWNS 1975 1977
JAMES   MURRY 1977 1978
JAMES & PAMELA  ALLAN 1978 1981
MIKE & JOYCE LANGLEY 1981 1985
STEPHEN & MARIA  DICKSON 1985 1990
STUART & GLORIA MASON 1990 1993
ALAN & LINDA WOOLFORD 1993 1996
BRIAN & ALYSON CRANE 1996 1999
TIMOTHY & MARGARET WHITTLE 1999 2000
DAVID & SYLVIA GOODMAN 2000 2002
DOMINIC & CHRISTINE TIVNEY - KEEDWELL 2002 2007
KELVIN & KAREN EVETT 2007 2020
 

The Licence came into the Borough on 1 March 1933 upon the extension of Borough Boundaries
It was originally owned by the Ashton Gate Brewery Company in Bristol 1856 but was acquired by Bristol Brewery Georges & Co. Ltd. in 1931

Was granted a Beehouse licence on 2 February 1933

A Wine licence on 5 March 1940 and Publican's licence on 9 March 1951